drying sequencing gels

John Nash nash at nrcbsa.bio.nrc.ca
Wed Jul 27 16:49:56 EST 1994

In article <3161mg$4bd at louie.udel.edu>, Carlisle Landel <landel at helios> wrote:

>I too never fix my gels.  However, now that I reside in muggy Delaware,
>we have a problem with dry gels becoming tacky as soon as the saran wrap
>is peeled off after drying.  Someday we will get good air conditioning,
>in the meantime we have found that we can avoid problems by leaving the
>saran wrap on until the last possible moment before slapping the gel
>into the cassette with the film.
>
>Carlisle

Here, in muggy Ottawa, I fix my gels in water for 5-10 min (no more
than 10).  This relieves the "tackiness".

Oh yes... this is a "The End Tip" - thanks Jim G.

john

John Nash                          | Email: nash at nrcbsa.bio.nrc.ca
Institute for Biological Sciences  | http://cansnd.cisti.nrc.ca/~nash/home.html
National Research Council of Canada|  for an eclectic collection of
All opinions are mine, not NRC's!  |  WWW molbio and other services.