Restriction enzyme digestion on genomic DNA

megalops at rapidx.com megalops at rapidx.com
Tue Jul 26 05:57:36 EST 1994

I use an extraction protocol that removes a lot of the junk that
interferes with digestions.  That problem is apparently common in
crustacean and in some mollusks.  Send me your address or call me at
(407)391-6409 (ask for Hector Cruz-Lopez) and I'll send you a copy of
the protocol (is too long for me to type here).  I worked with crabs a
few years ago and had similar problems.  Alos, you may want to add BSA
to your Xba I digestion cocktail and see if that helps.  Where are you
getting your restriction enzymes?  New England Biolabs seems to be
producing the best batches lately.

good luck

e-mail: megalops at rapidx.com
        or 73534.1373 at CompuServe.com