Ni/His-tag 4 affinity purification of ABs?

Andreas Vogel vogel at urz.unibas.ch
Thu Jul 28 12:22:43 EST 1994

hi netters!

Has anyone ever tried to use Qiagen nickel collumns for purification of
antibodies? The idea is to bind the His-tagged proteins from E. coli that were
used to immunize the rabbits onto the nickel agarose. The antibodies would then
be purified by applying them on this prepared collunm, wash and finally elute
the antibodies.

If you tried this (and succeed), which conditions did you use? If not, do you
have alternative suggestions for affinity purification of ABs? (We do have a
protocol for purification with blotted protein. We just thougt that we could use
our His-tagged proteins on a bigger scale.)
Any contributions would be appreciated.

Andreas

vogel at urz.unibas.ch