Gel Purification of DNA with Qiaex beads

Carlisle Landel landel at helios
Thu Jul 28 11:15:25 EST 1994

In article <318ac6$cfp at gazette.bcm.tmc.edu>,
Steven Chua <sc690763 at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu> wrote:
>I am in the process of purifying a DNA fragment for injection into mice to
>generate transgenic mice and I am wondering what other methods are available
>to get a clean fragment with good yield that are suitable for injection...
>

>With the qiaex beads that I am using, the yield I obtain is pathetic...my

I have always been partial to using Elutip columns from S&S.  If
you pay attention to your buffer pH, the recovery is pretty good.

We once had HORRIBLE problems using GeneClean.  It gave nice DNA
on a gel, but we got an insertion rate of 0%, vs the usual 25-30%.  I now
counsel people to avoid it at all costs.

Run a LMP gel, then follow the Elutip instructions.

Good luck!

Carlisle