Slow growing XL1-blues

Eugen C. Buehler buehler at pop.pitt.edu
Thu Jul 28 14:45:27 EST 1994

    I've had this problem, but always believed it was in the nature of
XL1-blues to be slow growing.  Although XL1-blues are supposed to have a
higher transformation efficiency than some other lines, I use DH5 alpha
whenever possible because they grow faster.  When I need the color selection
of the blues, I usually have to leave the plate on my bench all day (25C)
after the initial over-night 37C incubation in order to see the blue color.
Of course, maybe we're both doing the same thing wrong to make them grow slowly.

                                                Eugen Buehler
                                                Dept. of Biological Sciences
                                                Univ. of Pittsburgh

In Article <1994Jul27.213302.1 at aurora.alaska.edu>, fsajb3 at aurora.alaska.edu