religation of vector DNA (Oops)

Frank Anthony Skraly skralyf at cae.wisc.edu
Thu Jul 28 18:13:14 EST 1994

In article <319a0a$6mm at news.doit.wisc.edu>, I said:
|> Did you ever try cutting after ligation with a restriction enzyme having a
|> site in the insert but not in the vector (if such a site exists)?
|> Sometimes you have to buy a weird enzyme, but this always sharply reduces
|> background for me.
|>
|> F.S.

Oops - Please DISREGARD my first post - 1. I had the underlined part backwards;
and 2. It is only relevant when there is some space between the vector sites you
cut, not when you use only one site, and it eliminates uncut vector, not
self-ligated vector.  I would like to claim someone else sneaked onto my
account and typed that, but unfortunately it was me.  Sorry for the mistake!

F.S.