Gel Purification of DNA with Qiaex beads

Steven Chua sc690763 at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu
Thu Jul 28 08:04:06 EST 1994

I am in the process of purifying a DNA fragment for injection into mice to
generate transgenic mice and I am wondering what other methods are available
to get a clean fragment with good yield that are suitable for injection...

With the qiaex beads that I am using, the yield I obtain is pathetic...my
recovery is usually only about 10% of the original starting material... I have
even called the company up for tips but my yield is still pretty low... When I
used about 60ug of insert(the fragment I will be injecting) as my starting
material, I only got back less than 6ug....

I would appreciate any suggestions that will help me increase my yields without
sacrificing purity or if there are other better methods, I will be happy to hear
about them...

thank you for your time and trouble...

steve