NA45 Paper DNA extraction problem

David M Grieger grieger at matt.ksu.ksu.edu
Wed Jul 27 23:05:42 EST 1994

Netters,

I had my student try to purify a 200bp fragment from a gel using the NA45
paper technique, recently discussed here on this news group.  After she did
the hi-salt washes and the EtOH precipitation (+glycogen), there was no
normal pellet but a nonaqueous "bubble" in the bottom of the microfuge tube.
 After adding TE and doing a second EtOH precipitation the same result
occured.  Could this result from carry over from the hi-salt washes?  Any
thoughts on this problem would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Beagle