Slow growing XL1-blues

fsajb3 at aurora.alaska.edu fsajb3 at aurora.alaska.edu
Thu Jul 28 00:33:02 EST 1994

Anyone have experience with this problem?
	Our lab has been transforming XL1-blue chem comp cells (made competent
in our lab using FSB protocol) with various pBSIIKS constructs. There has
been no problem getting transformants, but the colonies grow extremely slow,
and there is a really long delay before any blue color develops for blue/white
selection. I checked to make sure we weren't overdosing the plates with
ampicillin, everthing seemed normal. We are using bluo-gal and 100mM IPTG for
color selection. Any information is greatly appreciated.