drying sequencing gels

B.L.Cohen gbga13 at udcf.gla.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 09:04:11 EST 1994

In article <3161mg$4bd at louie.udel.edu>, landel at helios (Carlisle Landel)

> I too never fix my gels.  However, now that I reside in muggy Delaware,
> we have a problem with dry gels becoming tacky as soon as the saran wrap
> is peeled off after drying.  Someday we will get good air conditioning,
> in the meantime we have found that we can avoid problems by leaving the
> saran wrap on until the last possible moment before slapping the gel
> into the cassette with the film.
> Carlisle

A light smear of talcum powder or french chalk will deal with the
tackiness.  Surprisingly, perhaps, no decrease in signal from 35S is
Dr Bernard L. Cohen          Phone (+44) (0)41 339 8855 ext. 5103/5101
Genetics Dept.,              Fax               330 5994
University of Glasgow
Church St.,
Glasgow G11 5JS
Scotland, UK.