Fixing sequencing gels

Hong Dang hdang at channel.neusc.bcm.tmc.edu
Thu Jul 28 11:09:07 EST 1994

In article <318j4j$ej4 at netnews.upenn.edu>, ljohnson at udcemail.udc.upenn.edu (Lois C. Johnson) writes:
|> Hong Dang (hdang at channel.neusc.bcm.tmc.edu, wrote:
|>
|> : Use some baby powder before putting down film. Save you 1 hr drying time.
|>
|> : Hong
|>
|> Dear Hong:
|> 	Do I put the powder on the gel before I put on the Saran Wrap. Or
|> do I put on the powder before exposure!?
|> thanks
|> Lois

Sorry, Lois, I didn't make it clear.

After drying the gel, peel off the saran wrap. Puff some powder on the gel (where
you may have some sticky patches) spread and smooth the powder all over the gel,
shake off excess powder and put into cassette with the film. Didn't notice any
decrease in 35S signal.

Hong