Fixing sequencing gels

Stephen R. Lasky Stephen_Lasky at brown.edu
Fri Jul 29 08:43:51 EST 1994

Delete bunches of stuff about sticky sequencing gels:

Talc works, you put it on after you dry it.  But I found (by accident)
that if you leave the gel on the dryer after the heat has gone off, so
that it cools before you open the vacuum, the sticking problems are
minimized.  For instance, if you set your heat timer to 45 minutes, and
dry your gel for an hour or more, the gel is no longer sticky when you
remove the saran wrap.  This is just a casual observation on my dryer, but
it has seemed to hold true for me.

SRL

Stephen R. Lasky, Ph.D.       Brown University/Roger Williams Medical Center
e-mail: Stephen_Lasky at brown.edu         LandLine: 401-456-6572