Bio 101 products

Tracy Aquilla aquilla at salus.med.uvm.edu
Fri Jul 29 15:48:14 EST 1994

In Article <01HF4GEA15DU8ZGL9U at delphi.com>, BIOMETRA at BIOTECHNET.COM wrote:
>I would like to get some opinions on the products of Bio 101 such as
>Geneclean and Mermaid.  Does anyone use their media capsules?
>any response will be helpful.
>
>Tony Sanchez
 I think BIO101 makes good stuff. I began using their GeneClean and MerMaid
kits several years ago, and never had any problems. The procedures are fast
and reliable (in my hands) and the kits aren't over-priced (last time I
checked). Having said that, I must also say that I now use S&S NA45
membranes to recover DNAs from agarose gels, but I still think GeneClean is
a good product, and have used it from time to time to clean up DNAs.
    Tracy