Millipore "EXPIDITE" vs APPLIED BIOSYSTEMS 392

Roland J Saldanha rsaldanh at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Thu Jun 2 00:44:47 EST 1994

We are considering buying an oligonucleotide synthesizer.  The Millipore
expedite seems to have several advantages ( very low solvent consumption
significantly reducing synthesis $$, low cycle times and true two column
independance etc) when compared to the ABS 392.  I would appreciate input from
owners/operators of this machine.  I realise ABI has very deep market
penentration and appears to be the "industry standard"  I would like to know if
this is an outmoded standard and if in fact the Millipore EXPEDITE is truly a
better machine or mere marketing hype.  Input from people who have had the
opportunity to work on both systems would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Roland Saldanha