Solvent for D-Biotin?

Sebastian W. Bunka seb at i102pc1.vu-wien.ac.at
Wed Jun 1 03:10:04 EST 1994

John Altman (altman at cmgm.stanford.edu) wrote:
: I've found that plain old biotin (not any of the activated
: reagents) is not too soluble in water.  If anyone works
: with biotin and dissolves it in something other than

try it dissolving in DMSO in a GLASS-BEAKER.
I use the long-spacer (NHS-LC-)biotin from Pierce
for biotinylation of antibodies (this is not the new
water soluble product). Should work....

: water, I'd love to hear from you.

: Thanks in advance.

: --