mRNA purification

Peggy Halleck MSH4 at psuvm.psu.edu
Wed Jun 1 13:53:49 EST 1994

Hi!  I'm finding myself in the position where I need to do some Northern
analysis of various mouse tissues and some cell lines relatively quickly for
publication.  Some preliminary analysis by another lab indicates that we
really need mRNA, rather than total.  We don't have bags of money, but I was
thinking about trying (no flames about kits, please) the OligoTex Direct
mRNA kit from Qiagen.  Does anybody out there have any experience with this
kit?  Is it worth it?
                                           Peggy