High MWt Markers

Mandy Johnstone udbl119 at bay.cc.kcl.ac.uk
Thu Jun 2 18:37:22 EST 1994

Hi Folks,
I am working on a protein with a molecular weight of 320kD and routinely do
Westerns to probe for this protein.  My concern however is that I use both
Bio-rad and Sigma Broad range markers of which the largest protein is rabbit
skeletal muscle myosin which has a mwt of 200kD, and so when it comes to
determining the mwt I have to extrapolate back to determine the molecular
weight which isn't terribly accurate!. I am therefore looking for a protein
with a mwt greater than 300kD that I can add to my markers.  Does anyone know
of a commercially available protein that has a mwt greater than 300kD I could
add to my markers.  Alternatively do you know of prepared mwt markers that I
could buy that have greater range.  Cheers.

Mandy.