bacterial killing

Michael J. Tino mjtino at
Thu Jun 2 09:53:51 EST 1994

I am trying to develop an assay for teh killing of bacteria by macrophages.
Does anyone have any ideas about how I might do this?  I've thought about
3H-thymidine uptake assays, but  do not know how to do one-- does anyone
have a protocol/reference?

Please e-mail me at michael_tino at if you have any suggestions.

Michael James Tino            \    /   "the only measure of your words
Duke University                \  /    and your deeds  will be the love
Department of Cell Biology      \/     you leave behind when you're done."
                                         -Fred Small, "Everything Possible"
mjtino at
michael_tino at		Phone:(919) 684-3187 Fax: 681-7978