Transfection of Sf9/Sf21 Cells

Garry Myers garry at
Sat Jun 4 03:10:26 EST 1994

I've recently become the proud owner of the CLONTECH BacPAK expression
system ;).  The protocol accompanying the kit suggests using Lipofectin(tm)
to transfect the Sf21 cells with recombinant virus.  I'm interested to hear
any thoughts or opinions from baculoviral-minded individuals on other
methods of transfecting Sf9/Sf21 cells, particularly electroporation.

Garry Myers                       Menzies School of Health Research
Molecular Genetics Unit           garry at