pET, lysE, lysS, bacterial expression questions

Manuel Simon ma at ABC.univie.ac.at
Sun Jun 5 14:27:21 EST 1994

In article <Cqs4LF.4y5 at ucdavis.edu> jfh <jfhess at ucdavis.edu> writes:
>From: jfh <jfhess at ucdavis.edu>
>Subject: pET, lysE, lysS, bacterial expression questions
>Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 17:00:51 GMT

>Howdy gang,
[....]
>Our major problems are 1) expression of the protein in UNinduced cells
>and 2) not major increases in exression upon induction.

>My questions are 1) any better strains to try with my existing pT7
>construct?
>2) anyone have experience using rifampicin to shut down the e colis?
>3) anything else to try?

These strains in my hands worked nicely. You ought to add some glucose to the
medium and make sure that your cells are in a early logarthmic phase before
shifting to the induction.

manuel