oligo deprotection

Martin Leach leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Sun Jun 5 10:03:15 EST 1994

In article <2so70d$6ad at lyra.csx.cam.ac.uk>, arosenth at crc.ac.uk (Dr. A.
Rosenthal) wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> somebody just told me that he had heard, one could deprotect oligos by boiling them
> for a short while!? rather than the 5hour or o/n 55'C waterbath.
> Any comments greately appreciated.
> Thanks.

Alternatively, u could buy the FOD type phosphoramidites...these deprotect
in an hour...(ABI and Cruachem sell them...not sure what other companies
do..). Have used these...they work fine.

Martin

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
p.s. try BioMOO (virtual biology on the internet - telnet
bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il 8888)