RNAse protection kits

Damak, Sami damak at kahu.lincoln.ac.nz
Tue Jun 7 05:14:46 EST 1994

In article <-030694150642 at dent-226-97.dentistry.umich.edu> @umich.edu (Steven Coon) writes:
>From: @umich.edu (Steven Coon)
>Subject: RNAse protection kits
>Date: Fri, 03 Jun 1994 15:06:42 -0400

>Hi netters,

> I am using an Ambion RNAse protection kit and I can not even get the
>control to work. Anybody else having the same problems? Can anyone suggest
>a nother kit? Any suggestions would be helpful.

>Steven Coon
>sdcoon at umich.edu
>University of Michigan School of Dentistry

>--

I had the same problem when I started using the kit.  The reason?  Very
simple: the control RNA was degraded.  When I used mouse RNA prepared
locally, the kit worked very well and since then has been giving very
reproducible results.

 If you haven't done it already, it is worth running your control RNA in a
gel and see how it look like

Sami