Help needed to re-cycle QIAGEN <plasmid> tips

Dave Bates dobates at
Tue Jun 7 16:17:30 EST 1994

> In article <2smnp9$js5 at>, dvoon at (Dominic
> Voon) wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >       I am currently using QIAGEN-tip 100 to purify my midi-prep
> > plasmid DNA. I read on a recent issue of TIBS (Trents in Biochemical
> > Science) that people have figured out a way of re-using the used tips.
> > As i find it a waste to throw away these rather expensive tips, and am
> > new to this newsgroup and the use of QIAGEN tips, can someone please
> > send me information on how to recycle them.
> > Do reply via email..
> >
> > Your help is much appreciated. Many thanks in advance
> > regards
> > dominic
Read the manual Dominic. It tells you how to re use it by re
equilibrating with QBT buffer. You have to reuse it each day though. If
anyone knows of a way of reusing them for longer than one day I would
be intrigued (and richer) to hear of it.

Dave Bates,                                        dobates at
Department of Human Physiology, University of California at Davis
No I don't have a sense of humour, now buy me a beer