how to separate the nicked from of a plasmid from the closed fo

BrianC4208 brianc4208 at
Tue Jun 7 14:44:02 EST 1994

In article <1994Jun7.171123.1 at>, t_rolden at
>does anyone know a method to separate the nicked circular form of a
>from the covalently closed circular form?.

Have you tried doing electrophoresis in 1% Agarose?  This should
separate them, and then the bands can be cut out and the DNA can be
recovered by a commercial method for removing agarose like Geneclean.

Hope this helps.
Brian Cohen
Albany Medical College
BrianC4208 at

More information about the Methods mailing list