Search Genbank via gopher

Duncan Clark Duncan at
Wed Jun 8 05:00:41 EST 1994

Hi Folks,

I was having a play with searching genbank via gopher ( and
all was fine except that their keyword search appears to limit you to just
200 entries. Not much use if the one you want is the 201st. Can one get
around this or did I do something wrong? I couldn't narrow down the search
by standard boolean arguments ie and/or/not as I can with the autoretrieve
route (but that for me takes a couple of hours before I get an answer). Any

Many thanks

Duncan Clark                        | Internet:    duncan at
GeneSys Ltd.                        | Compuserve:  100015.1406 at