Buffering Phenol

Dr. C.J. Chan cchan at crc.ac.uk
Wed Jun 8 12:10:22 EST 1994

Dear Newsreaders,

I have the same problem when I tried to buffer some phenol myself. I just
cannot get the pH to 8 and when I add NaOH, the whole thing goes into a single
phase. If someone knows why and how to solve this problem, please let
me know.

  C-TJ Chan                               Tel. +44 71 242 9789 Ext 2351
  Dept of Molecular Genetics,             Fax. +44 71 831 0488
  Institute of Child Health,              email cchan at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
  30 Guilford Street,
  London WC1N 1EH
  United Kingdom