T7 promoters and expression

Virginia Dress Dress at biosci.arizona.edu
Wed Jun 8 18:02:28 EST 1994

> > Has anyone else experienced such difficulties with T7
> > promoters?

> Have you tried pLysS (or pLysE) cells as originally described by Studier et
> al.? (deletion).
>
> I'm sure they're commercially available (but don't remember where from).
>
> Jim

If Studier made the construct you should be able to get it from him gratis,
unless he has sold the rights (or whatever the legal jargon is that covers
this) to some biotech company.  You should be able to contact him by email
or the old fashioned way, he's very generous with his constructs and sends
them out promptly.

Ginnie