Surf Blot Experience

dkim at unm.edu dkim at unm.edu
Thu Jun 9 14:06:09 EST 1994

I have never tried a multi-channel manifold for antibodies on a Western, but
I have tried one for multiple-probe hybridization on a Southern blot. There
was no particular lane-to-lane leakage, but I had to make sure the blot had
been pre-wet with hybridization buffer before adding the buffer/probe
combination, otherwise the blot would wick probe all over. This also applies
to the backing pads (either foam or paper).

I think the Journal of Immunological Methods had a paper regarding this
apparatus with the title "Checkerboard Immunoblotting . . .". I forget the
rest of the citation, except it was after 1989.

Daniel Kim