Glacial Acetic Acid

James R. Weber ae114 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA
Thu Jun 9 11:14:11 EST 1994

It is true that glacial acetic acid is called that becasuse
you can get it to freeze., but the name carries more
information than that.

Glacial aci acetic acitd

Pardon all on the control H's, but I su usually compose off-
line.  Our interface is user-abusive.

Glacial acetic acid implies a high level of purity and being
anhydrous.  To prove the point back in the dark ages when I took
organic chemistry, we had a demonstract
demonstration is in s which we took about 10mls of glacial
acetic acid in a test tube and swirled the tube in an ice bath
and watched it freeze.  If we added ONE DROP of water to the
test tube, t we could not get it to refreeze.

Cheers,  J. R.
--
James R. Weber           Analytical Trading Company
25 Peterson Place        Phone/Fax (613)-592-8714
Kanata, Ontario K2L 4A8  E-mail: ae114 at freenet.carleton.ca