Surf Blot Experience

James Stiehr jstiehr at abr.win.net
Thu Jun 9 09:07:27 EST 1994

Dear Netters:

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had experience using
devices that can be clamped over a Western blot to create lanes
which allows one to use different primary antibodies on the same
blot.  Idea Scientific Co. has their "Surf Blot" which does this.

Do these devices work; are there problems with leaks between
channels; are they difficult to work with?  I would appreciate any
comments or anectdotes from experienced users of these things.

Also, does anyone know of a good source for inexpensive pre-poured
gels for a Bio-Rad mini-gel system.

James Stiehr
ABR
jstiehr at abr.win.net