Buffering Phenol

Joseph C. Bagshaw jbagshaw at wpi.WPI.EDU
Thu Jun 9 10:15:27 EST 1994

1.  Consider the cost of the Tris you will use up and the amount
of phenol you will lose (some goes into every aq. phase).

2.  Consider the amount of time you will spend on this task.
Your graduate student doesn't count; she has more useful things
to do.

3.  Look up the price of buffered phenol in any of a half dozen
catalogs and compare it with the price of unbuffered phenol.

4.  Buy buffered phenol.