Surf blots

Michael Holland M.Holland at dwe.csiro.au
Thu Jun 9 19:08:07 EST 1994

While I haven't used this particular apparatus I use the Hoeffer equivalent.
Used carefully they are great but if mis-assembled leakage is a real
problem. After a period the gaskets also get a bit warn and they are not
cheap to replace.
Given these limitations they are particularly useful when you have lots of
Abs to screen rapidly eg a batch of monoclonals. They are also good if
quantities of Ab are limiting and finally they are more ascetically
satisifying than following Ed Beatty's advise of cutting up strips and
treating them individually!! Of course Ed's approach is foolproof without
the limitations described above.

Cheers,
Michael K Holland PhD
CSIRO, Wildlife & Ecology