peptide synthesizers

HRMBDKC at HKUCC.HKU.HK HRMBDKC at HKUCC.HKU.HK
Thu Jun 9 09:34:48 EST 1994

Our dept. is looking to buy a peptide synthesizer. At the present
we have had quotations from ABI: for 432A synergy and 433A; and also
from Eppendorf for the Biotronik Ecosyn P peptide synthesizer.
I would appreciate comments on these two makes and also would
like to know if we should be considering other makes.
Particularly important considerations besides price would be
reliability, ease of operation and running cost.
It would also be useful to know what the price of these machines are
in the US and Europe.
Many thanks in advance to all who reply.
Kathy Cheah
HRMBDKC at HKUCC.BITNET
Biochemistry Dept.
Hong Kong University