potato acid phosphatase

Kirsten Crossgrove kcrossgr at mail.sas.upenn.edu
Thu Jun 9 07:34:28 EST 1994

Hi,
I am looking at a Drosophila protein that I think may be phosphorylated.
When I induce production of this protein from a heat shock regulated
transgene in an otherwise null background, I see a small increase in the
size of the protein over time.  I would like to test whether this is due to
phosphorylation by dephosphorylating the protein ( in a crude whole animal
larval extract) with potato acid phosphatase and looking for the absence of
the larger sized protein on western blots.  Does anyone have a protocol for
doing this?  Specifically does anyone have a protocol for doing it using
crude extracts?
Thanks,
Kirsten Crossgrove
kcrossgr at mail.sas.upenn.edu