detection of apoptosis, new methods

Inst. f. Biochemie dh7y at .pop.th-darmstadt.de
Fri Jun 10 03:13:53 EST 1994

Hello world,

in our lab we started to investigate apoptosis with special regards to
endothelial cells. In many papers there is a standard procedure with
dna-extraction by phenol/chloroform after lysis of the cells. Some authors
did it without extaction of the DNA. Can anybody tell us the advantages
or disadvantages of omitting the extraction?
Are there easier or more simple methods available for detetction of apoptosis?
I think of fluorescence labeling (e.g. alkaline phosphatase) or things
like that?

Hoping to get valuable information

gangolf Schrimpf

e-mail: dh7y at pop.th-darmstadt.de