Alkaline lysis DNA prep

craig.rowlands at csb.ki.se craig.rowlands at csb.ki.se
Fri Jun 10 13:35:30 EST 1994

I want to use the same neutralization solution used in the  Genomed JETprep
miniprep system  (i.e.solution D3) for my own minipreps.  However, the
company won't give it out and I dont know how to find out the ingredients.
The product liturature states that it is a "Concentrated acetate pH5.0" but
it isnt potasium acetate.  It doesnt form a white floculant when added to
the sample and the precipitate forms a nice pellet when spun down.  I would
appreciate any hints, Thanks in advance.

J. Craig Rowlands Ph.D.
Visiting Scientist
Karolinska Institute
Center for Biotechnology