RNase inhibitor

Helge Weissig helgew at ljcrf.edu
Mon Jun 13 14:45:40 EST 1994

In article <damak.6.2DF56108 at kahu.lincoln.ac.nz>, damak at kahu.lincoln.ac.nz
(Damak, Sami) wrote:

> Every now and then, I run out of RNAse Inh and do the transcription without
> it.  It has never failed.  I guess if standard RNA precautions are taken,
> there is no need for it.
>
> Sami

In case you still had some, how did you get rid of it before the RNase
step?

		will a simple spin column do?

		do you ppt the RNA and probe together?

I am taking some first steps into RNase protection and am pretty
unsuccessful so far, so any good advise and/or protoicol would be very much
appreciated :)

cheers,
Helge

Helge WEISSIG                              e-mail: helgew at ljcrf.edu
La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation        phone: (619) 455 6480 x253
10901 N. Torrey Pines Rd.                  FAX: (619) 455 0181
La Jolla, CA 92037
U.S.A.

     God invented surfing, so that the really talented people
     would not rule the world. - unknown