Anchor PCR question

Bob Corell corell at u.washington.edu
Mon Jun 13 13:34:45 EST 1994

Hi All,
   I am about to do some anchor PCR.  The target RNA may be relatively
short compared to the first strand oligo primer (not oligo-dT).  I need
to get rid of the first strand primer before I can efficiently tail
my cDNA for the anchor PCR.  Since I can't rely on differential
precipitation based on size, I need a way to get rid of the oligo
without losing my cDNA.  Any ideas?  References please...

   I've heard there is a way to precipitate double-stranded species (i.e.
the cDNA/RNA duplex) without the single stranded oligonucleotide
primers?  Is that true?

   Thanks for your help.

Bob Corell
Home:   11529 'D' 12th Avenue, NE     Work:  Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research
        Seattle, WA 98125                      Center   A2-168
        (206) 368-2910                       Seattle, WA  98104-2092
                                             (206) 667-4493
                                        FAX: (206) 667-6526
Email:  rcorell at fred.fhcrc.org