Tth 111 II

Duncan Clark Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 05:59:52 EST 1994

In article: <2tir0u$6dd at gazette.bcm.tmc.edu>  lr035778 at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu (Laurence T. Reiter) writes:

> So I was doing this restriction mapping on some sequence which I just got and
> I found the perfect enzyme which would be most informative on a Southern of
> genomic DNA.  The computer cheerfully belched out: Tth 111 II!  What?  Yup.
> Tth 111 II is so special a restriction enzyme, in fact, that it is not
> commercially available.  THUS:
>
> HELP!  Does anyone out there know where I can get Tth 111 II?
>
> Thanks,
> LTR
> Baylor Coll. of Med.

It is so special 'cos the yield is lousy. I can't lay my hands on the
published paper (misfiled as normal) but compared to Tth111 I it is
,from memory, down by a factor of at least 250. You will find the
source of the strain listed in REBASE if you want to try it yourself.

Duncan
Duncan Clark                        | Internet:    duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
GeneSys Ltd.                        | Compuserve:  100015.1406 at compuserve.com