purify PCR products using Wizard Prep (Promega)

Xin Guo vp23qw83 at ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
Tue Jun 14 11:54:00 EST 1994

Hi, Bionetters:

I have a trouble to get a high yield of PCR products by using Promega's
Wizard Prep method. Instead of using lower melting agrose gel, we use
normal agarose to seperate the PCR products, cut the band, and boil
it to melt the agarose. Then I follow the Promega's steps to mix the
DNA products with the resin, add it into the column, and elute it.
It is said the recovery can be >90%, but we only get <10%. Are there
any of you has ever utilized this method to purify DNA from agarose gel?
Any suggestion will be great appreciated.

Xin Guo
SUNY at Buffalo
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
vp23qw83 at ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu