Taq Extender

Andre Hamel hamel at cc.umanitoba.ca
Wed Jun 15 21:26:55 EST 1994

I was waiting 'til somebody discussed this product Stratagene's Taq extender).

I received a test sample from them, and found it to be wonderful for
"largish" amplfications ... for RT-PCR, for instance, most that I do are
between 100 and 500 bp, so no improvement ... BUT, for example, for one
of my 1 kbp amplifications, I am getting several fold (up to 10 times)
increase in product intensity ... using SAME rx'n mix split into 2 equal
halves, then Taq extender added to one aliquot ... anybody know what Taq
extender is?

Stratgene will give free test (beta-version) samples (10 uL of 5 U/uL),
shipped on dry ice ... impressive at that AND then the product ACTUALLY
worked as they claim (for larger size products).

Any others with experience with this product?

Andre