EMBL-3 gDNA library construction

pdearden Peter.Dearden at VUW.AC.NZ
Wed Jun 15 19:07:27 EST 1994

Hi,

  We have been trying to construct an EMBL-3 gDNA library with very little
success. We know the gDNA preparation we are using ligates properly into
other lambda vectors (gt10 and Ziplox) and plasmids (pBr325 and pUc).
Initially we prepared our own EMBL-3 which cuts, religates and packages
properly but will not do the same in the presence of Sau 3a partially
digested gDNA. We then moved on to EMBL-3 DNA from promega, which also
didn't work and then EMBL-3 bam H1 arms from promega--again with no
success even with size fractionated DNA.
  Has anybody had any experience (good or bad) with EMBL-3 and do you
recognize the problems and have any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

 Peter Dearden

Biochemistry Department.
Victoria University of Wellington
P O Box 600, Wellington