Cyanobacterial Promoters

Enrique Jose Labadan Frio - SCBC - 3421101 g3421101 at mucc.mahidol.ac.th
Wed Jun 15 06:55:46 EST 1994

	Dear friends and colleagues,

		The aim of my work is to express mosquito-larvicidal
	toxins in cyanobacteria (blue-green algae), toted as an excellent
	vector for mosquito control. This is quite important for us in the
	tropics, since mosquitoes are quite ubiquitous here (an under-
	statement) and transmit a lot of parasitic diseases. The strategy
	involves the introduction and stable maintenance of expression in
	these environmentally-persistent microorganisms.

		In this regard, I would like to request for protocols,
	references, ideas, information on expression systems and native
	cyanobacterial promoters, and any suggestions regarding expression
	or the strategy itself.

		Thank you very much for your time and kindness.

	With warmest regards,

	Enrique Frio
	Dept of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science
	Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand