Ligase Chain Reaction

O'Donnell, Kevin odonnell at sasa.gov.uk
Wed Jun 15 07:11:26 EST 1994

I am currently developing ligase chain reaction (LCR) based assays for plant
viruses and bacteria.  Is there anyone out there who is also using this
technique and would like to share their experience with it?  A problem that I am
particularly concerned with at the moment is how to reduce background,
non-specific ligation.  This is a problem when the results are visualised using
an ELISA-type clourimetric test, rather than visualising the ligated band on a
gel.

Kevin O'Donnell
Scottish Agricultural Science Agency
East Craigs