purify PCR products using Wizard Prep (Promega)

Annette C. Hollmann ah690549 at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu
Wed Jun 15 14:40:22 EST 1994

We were using the Promega Magic columns for purifying plasmids. When
Promega changed the columns and renamed them "Wizard", they no longer worked.
Yield was abysmal, and the plasmids were contaminated with RNA and
chromosomal DNA. The plasmids also could not be cut with restriction enzymes.
We now use columns from Qiagen and Pharmacia and they work ok.

Annette
ah690549 at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu

P.S. This is not the first time we had problems with a Promega product.