ethidium bromide disposal

Robert Horton horton at molbio.cbs.umn.edu
Thu Jun 16 19:06:52 EST 1994

vaidyaa at HAL.HAHNEMANN.EDU wrote:
: Are you sure about ethidium bromide being used as a "sheep dip"?  What for?
: A disinfectant?  There are a bunch of people here who are quite paranoid about
: ethidium bromide disposal.  I would very much like to see more along this
: rather old thread, but now with this added "sheep dip" variation!!!
:
It's used in veteranary medicine as an antihelminthic (according to the Merck
Index). I'm not sure if you dip the sheep in it or not:

	Mary had a little lamb
	Whose fleece was orange and glowed...

Bob Horton (Ph.D.!)   /\ "Crash programs fail because of the theory that
U. of Minnesota, CBS  || with nine women pregnant you get a baby a month"
1479 Gortner Ave.    /||\   -Werner von Braun.  Disclaimer:"Bob who?"
St. Paul, MN 55108    ^^   horton at molbio.cbs.umn.edu/(612) 624-3790