ethidium bromide disposal

Robert Horton horton at
Thu Jun 16 19:06:52 EST 1994

vaidyaa at HAL.HAHNEMANN.EDU wrote:
: Are you sure about ethidium bromide being used as a "sheep dip"?  What for?
: A disinfectant?  There are a bunch of people here who are quite paranoid about
: ethidium bromide disposal.  I would very much like to see more along this
: rather old thread, but now with this added "sheep dip" variation!!!
It's used in veteranary medicine as an antihelminthic (according to the Merck
Index). I'm not sure if you dip the sheep in it or not:

	Mary had a little lamb
	Whose fleece was orange and glowed...

Bob Horton (Ph.D.!)   /\ "Crash programs fail because of the theory that
U. of Minnesota, CBS  || with nine women pregnant you get a baby a month"
1479 Gortner Ave.    /||\   -Werner von Braun.  Disclaimer:"Bob who?"
St. Paul, MN 55108    ^^   horton at 624-3790