Altered Sites II- Any good?

Jeanne Loring jloring at genpharm.com
Thu Jun 16 17:41:07 EST 1994

                       Subject:                               Time:3:29 PM
  OFFICE MEMO          Altered Sites II- Any good?            Date:6/16/94
Ok netters, so I want to do site-directed mutagenesis just this once and want it
to not be a big deal.  No one does this around here, so I've been advised to buy
a kit, follow the directions, and quit intellectualizing so much about it.
However, though the Altered Sites II kit from Promega looks intriguing and is
possibly bombproof, I am suspicious.  Would anyone who has experience with this
kit or others for site-directed mutagenesis, please share it?  Many thanks.

Jeanne Loring
GenPharm