gel imaging

Bob Gross bob.gross at dartmouth.edu
Thu Jun 16 13:17:48 EST 1994

Hi folks-

I have about $1000-2000 dollars that needs to be spent immediately. We
would like to purchase a setup that could be used to capture gel images
(either ethidium bromide or stained) on a Macintosh system. We already
have the computers and need advice on what kind of cameras and setups
have been used successfully. Speed is of the essence in this decision
making process.

Please respond to me by email and I will post a summary here.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bob Gross
Dept. of Biology, Dartmouth College
bob.gross at dartmouth.edu

PS - Has anyone tried Apple's Quicktake camera?