help on direct sequencing of PCR products

FJ van der Wal vdwal at
Thu Jun 16 07:45:22 EST 1994

In article <73856.rin0mxw at>, "M. L. Huang"
<rin0mxw at> wrote:

> Hello, Fellow Netters:
>     I'm attempting direct DNA sequencing of PCR products using the same
> primers/amplimers. If you have extensive experiences, I'd like to hear from
> you. Your tips/protocols are much appreciated.

We isolate PCR products using the QIAquick-spin PCR Purification Kit of
Qiagen. Then we do the sequence reactions with an AppliedBiosystems
Dye-terminator Sequencing Kit (for an automated sequencer) with one of the
primers also used for the PCR. This works fine.
Fimme Jan van der Wal
dep. Molecular Microbiology
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
de Boelelaan 1087