help on direct sequencing of PCR products

FJ van der Wal vdwal at bio.vu.nl
Thu Jun 16 07:45:22 EST 1994

In article <73856.rin0mxw at bumed30.med.navy.mil>, "M. L. Huang"
<rin0mxw at bumed30.med.navy.mil> wrote:

> Hello, Fellow Netters:
>
>     I'm attempting direct DNA sequencing of PCR products using the same
> primers/amplimers. If you have extensive experiences, I'd like to hear from
> you. Your tips/protocols are much appreciated.

We isolate PCR products using the QIAquick-spin PCR Purification Kit of
Qiagen. Then we do the sequence reactions with an AppliedBiosystems
Dye-terminator Sequencing Kit (for an automated sequencer) with one of the
primers also used for the PCR. This works fine.
--
Fimme Jan van der Wal
dep. Molecular Microbiology
vdwal at bio.vu.nl