Gel dryer / pump corrosion

Paulo Magalhaes pamaga at biobase.aau.dk
Thu Jun 16 09:28:11 EST 1994

Hi all!

A couple of questions concerning "small" problem we're having.

Recently we found that the pump used with our gel dryer (a so-called
"one step oil pump"), got corroded and eventually stopped working.
The manufacturers claim that it must be something that gets into the
pump (the oil, in spite of regular changes, was *very* brownish).
Perhaps of interest, there was a "cold trap" installed between the
pump and the dryer.

Anyway, before buying a new pump and perhaps running into the same
problem, we'd like to know if someone out there has experienced
similar problems.

Please email your opinions, since I don't normally read this newsgroup.

Thank you for your time.

Paulo
--
Paulo Magalhaes -- Clinical Genetics, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
 \\ voice: +45/35454592 \\ fax: +45/35454072 // pamaga at biobase.aau.dk //